The recipe of Peter and the Net® reveal ! Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 70ml of oil (5 spoons). You can use olive oil. If the smell is kind of strong you can mix it. 50% olive oil and 50% of another oil.
- 100gr. of 70% or 80% bitter chocolate. If you use pure cacao paste (without sugar) it will be, 80gr. Cacao paste.
- 200 muscovado sugar or panela.
- 100 gr. Of whole wheat flour. If you can not find whole wheat, you can use White flour and add it wheat germ and wheat bran.
- ½ ts. Bicarbonate sodium. Salt
- For decoration: sesame seeds and almonds, nuts or similar. If you can to make more sweet you can use raisins or dates.
- Optional : To give more flavor you can add juice of half an orange. Some sweet alcoholic drink like wine.
If you taste the mix raw it might taste too sweet, but after baking the sweetness of the muscovado sugar decrease. With 200 gr. of muscovado sugar it will be a low sweet brownie perfect to eat with ice cream. If you want it sweeter you can add 50gr. of brown sugar or other sweetener. Or use only brown sugar.
Melt the chocolate with the oil in a double boiler. You can also use a microwave. Grease the baking tray add the parchment paper. You also use aluminum foil. I used white flour and added germ and bran. So, I put the flour and bicarbonate sodium in strainer, then sieved it. If you use a cacao paste or upper 70% chocolate you do not need cocoa powder.
Separate yolks from whites. First, whisk the 3 yolks with a part of the sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the sugar. Add the whites. Add the chocolate in parts. When mixed, add the flour in parts. Pour it into the baking tray. Level the mix, uniformly /
Add the sesame seeds and almonds on top. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C. Bake for 20 to 30 min. Check inserting a tooth pick or fork. If it is dry, then it is ready ! Allow to cool completely. Serve decorated with season fruits.
Use the hashtags: #Wholewheatbrownie #OrganicChocolateBrownie and tell us about your experience.